Storm’s Birth Story

I had taken Little Foot out to eat at Huddle House with Pumpkin to celebrate his 7th birthday because I had not gone into labor yet and decided to try and make it special for him. We had a pretty normal breakfast and off to Wal-Mart we went to let him spend his birthday money. He picked a couple toys and I was in the the process of paying when I felt it. This hot wet liquid and I was trying to be calm because I thought ‘Man I just peed myself!’ I told Xay to wait on he bench outside the women’s bathroom and try to wrangle Pumpkin into the stall with me where she repeatedly tried to touch the nasty floor to look under the stall door. I finally realize that unlike my first two pregnancies I had went through my water had just broke in Wal-Mart of all places! I grab my phone trying to text my doula and the kids fathers to let them know that I was bringing the kids… but Pumpkin is still being crazy so I finally say, “Ziah you need to stop mommy’s water just broke!” from two or three stalls down I hear in response, “Do you need me to call someone?” I told the woman no gathered my dignity because my pants were so wet and finally decided I had to go. I drove home and got my bags together and dropped my key off to J because he was watching Gotti for me. I got the both kids dropped off to where the each needed to go and by this time it had been about two hours since my water broke. It was pretty calm I wasn’t having really any bad contractions so I felt like I had time.

I did too because I ended up driving myself the 20 minute drive to the hospital. I ended up having to get pitocin after a couple hours because she was going to take her sweet time in the storm that was happening outside. Now looking back I cannot even remember what time all this started. I guess I was in labor 9 hours but it wasn’t bad until transition. Doing it natural three times and that part still feels like worst pain ever. But at 9:19pm on October 20, 2016 out came a 7lb 11.4oz 20in baby girl. She has a big name but we call her by one of her middle names which is Storm. Conceived in a snow, delivered during a thunderstorm. She came out perfect right down to the few Mongolian spots on her back.

The look on her face sums up her personality too. She has the most serious frown that was a fixed look on her face for the first few months of life. And she still has it but now it is softened with the biggest smiles!

From all the craziness and spiteful things that happened between her father about a week after she was born we were able to come to a fresh start. We both had significant others but we both had the best interest for Storm at heart and that meant co-parenting. I wouldn’t be that mom that had to explain to her child why she didn’t let her see her daddy when he wanted to be part of her life. I have no expectations of him because honestly I never expected him to be there with everything that had happened so I am thankful for what he does give our daughter because he could be doing a whole lot less.

After Storm I had my Paraguard IUD placed and was supposed to be good for 10 years or so I thought….but that a whole different story for a different day.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *